Norbert Leo Butz received the Tony, Drama Desk, Outer Critics Circle, Astaire and Drama League Awards for this performance [as Freddy Benson in the musical Dirty Rotten Scoundrels]. He last appeared on Broadway in Wicked, where he created the role of Fiyero. Other Broadway credits include Thou Shalt Not (Tony, Drama Desk, Outer Critics nominations, Best Featured Actor in a Musical) and Rent (original cast, Broadway debut). Off-Broadway: Buicks (Drama Desk nomination, Outstanding Actor in a Play), The Last Five Years (Drama Desk, Lucille Lortel nominations, Outstanding Actor in a Musical; Drama League Award, Outstanding Actor in a Musical), Juno and the Paycock (Roundabout) and Saved (Theatre for a New Audience). Norbert's performance as the Emcee in the first national tour of Cabaret garnered him Helen Hayes, Jefferson, Dora and Ovation Awards for Outstanding Actor in a Musical. He spent four seasons at the Alabama Shakespeare Festival, in addition to his numerous roles at the Repertory Theatre of St. Louis. Film: Noon Blue Apples (Sundance Film Festival nominee) and Went to Coney Island. Television: “The Tonight Show,” “Law & Order.” Norbert holds a BFA from Webster University and an MFA from Alabama Shakespeare Theatre. He is the proud father of two daughters, Clara and Maggie Lou.
01. Be a fan of Norbert. Obviously.
02. Please be respectful. I think that statement speaks for itself. You're free to voice your opinions, but do so tastefully.
03. Please refrain from posting anything completely vulgar or offensive. If you're going to, please put it under a cut.
04. If you're going to post a long entry or large photo, please, and I can't express this enough, put it under a cut. Don't know how? Click here.
05. Please, refrain from talk of bootlegs or any other illegal files. TV shows are fine- since they're not illegal. Thank you.
06. Have fun!
Once you've joined, please post in the community with this information included (an LJ cut is not necessary):
How Long You've Been a Fan of Norbert's:
Why You Love Norbert: